Modifying a state's section 179 expense limitations

Show expandable text

If a state has section 179 maximum dollar, maximum property placed in service, taxable income, or maximum qualified real property limitations other than the application defaults, you can override the application's default limitations for that state.

To override the application defaults, complete the following steps.

  1. Choose Setup > State Calculations.
  2. Choose the appropriate state from the State field at the top of the dialog.
  3. In the Section 179 limitation group box, choose the year for which you are modifying the application defaults from the drop-down list.
  4. In the Maximum dollar, Maximum property placed in service, Taxable income, and Maximum qualified real property fields, enter the appropriate section 179 limitations for the selected state.

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for the feedback!