Complete these steps to enable a NetClient CS user (or users) at the client site to complete payroll time entry.
Note: This topic is for firms that use Payroll CS (CSA). If your firm uses Accounting CS Payroll, see Modifying a NetClient CS user’s access to Remote Payroll — Accounting CS.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Users link in the NetClient CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the Users pane, enter any part of the user’s name or login in the Find field to locate the user and click the user’s name. The information for the user displays on the right.
Tip: Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of users.
- In the Permissions section, click the Enable button for Remote Payroll (CSA).
- In the Clients pane, do one of the following.
- Mark the checkbox for the client for whom the NetClient CS user will enter payroll data.
- Clear the checkbox for any client for whom the NetClient CS user will no longer enter payroll data.
- If the desired client does not appear in the client list, you need to complete setup steps in CSA.
- Enter any part of the client name in the Find field to locate a client.
- Under Filter Options, click the Unselected button to display in the Clients list only the clients for whom the user cannot enter payroll data. Click the Selected button to display only the clients for whom the user can enter payroll data.
- If your firm entered departments for the client’s payroll in CSA and you want to split up payroll data entry by department, click the Selected button at the top of the Departments pane and do one the following.
- Mark the checkboxes for the departments for which this NetClient CS user will enter payroll data.
- Clear the checkbox for the departments for which this NetClient CS user will no longer enter payroll data.
- If you are splitting up payroll data entry among multiple NetClient CS users, you may want to designate a NetClient CS user as the payroll administrator so that a NetClient CS user can facilitate the payroll data entry process at the client site. To designate this NetClient CS user the payroll administrator, mark the Payroll Administrator checkbox. Learn more about the payroll administrator role.
- If you split up payroll entry by department and you do not designate a payroll administrator, all messages regarding the completion of Remote Data Entry information will be sent to your firm.
- You can designate only one payroll administrator per client.
- If you do not want certain fields to appear in the payroll entry worksheets, mark the checkboxes for those options.
Note: You can also hide the options from within CSA when exporting the remote payroll worksheet. If any of these options are hidden in CSA, the corresponding checkbox in the Remote Payroll (CSA) Permissions page is disabled for all NetClient CS users. If you hide a field through the Remote Payroll (CSA) Permissions dialog and that field is not also hidden in CSA, the field will stay hidden until you clear the checkbox in this dialog.
- Click Enter.
Related topic: Remote Payroll administration — Payroll CS (CSA)