Users usually update their own logins, passwords, names, and email addresses. However, you might occasionally need to update this information for users. For example, if responsibilities change at a client site and a different person will access NetClient CS, you would need to change the login, password, name, and email address for the client portal. The firm administrator may also need to update the password for NetStaff CS users who forget their passwords.
To update user information, follow these steps.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, do one of the following.
- Click the Users link in the NetClient CS section to update a client’s information.
- Click the Users link in the NetStaff CS section to update a staff member’s information.
Note: If you don’t see these links, you don’t have access to these areas.
- In the Users list, enter any part of the user’s name or login in the Find field and click the user’s name. NetFirm CS displays the user’s information on the right.
Tip: Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of users.
- In the Identification section, update the appropriate information.
- To change the NetStaff CS user’s password, enter the new password in the Password field and enter it again in the Confirm Password field.
- The Login, First Name, Last Name, and Email Address fields might be read-only for client portals that were created through UltraTax CS.
- Click Enter.
- You do not need to know a user’s password to change the password. When you enter a new password, that password replaces the current password. The Password and Confirm Password fields do not display the current password and will always be blank.
- To view information about creating secure passwords, see Password guidelines and tips.