Our Help & How-To Center offers quick access to the information you need while using NetClient CS. From this one location, you can find procedures for completing tasks, tips for increasing productivity or troubleshooting issues, and more.
Accessing the Help & How-To Center
From within NetClient CS, access the Help & How-To Center by clicking the Help button and then selecting a topic from the menu that appears.
Searching for information
The most efficient way to find answers to your questions is to take advantage of the robust search engine upon which the Help & How-To Center is built: the Google search engine. When searching for information in the Help & How-To Center, you can use the same strategies you use when you use Google to search for general information on the internet.
Search fields for searching the Help & How-To Center are accessible from two locations.
- From within NetClient CS: Click the Help button and use the search field at the top of the Help menu.
- From within the Help & How-To Center: Use the search field near the top of the topic.
Simply enter a search term or phrase and press ENTER to see a list of related topics that apply to NetClient CS.
To see how easy it is to find information in the Help & How-To Center, try these sample searches, which feature common questions for NetClient CS and tips on narrowing your search if you’re getting too many results.
- First, let’s look for information on working in the Virtual Office CS environment. From within NetClient CS, click the Help button and enter Virtual Client Office in the search field at the top of the menu and press ENTER.
- In the search results page that opens, the topics are listed in order of relevance. Click the Getting started with Virtual Client Office link to open that topic.
Note: Depending on your browser, the search results page might open in a separate browser window or it might open in a tab within the current browser window.
- Now, let’s look for information on setting up an iPad to run applications in the Virtual Client Office environment. From within the open topic, enter set up iPad in the search field near the top of the topic and press ENTER.
- In the search results page, click the Setting up an iPad to run applications in the Virtual Client Office environment link to open that topic.
- Now, let’s explore how to narrow a search. From within the open topic, enter File Exchange in the search field and press ENTER.
- In the search results page that opens, note the large number of topics retrieved. Rather than scroll through the list, enter upload after File Exchange in the search field and press ENTER. The search results page now lists only those topics that apply to both of the search strings you entered.
- Click the Search Tips link next to the search field to open Google’s "Search Tips" document, which provides additional strategies for effective searching.
- Click your browser’s Back button to return to the search results page.
Additional features for finding information
If you’re struggling to find what you’re looking for through a standard search, the Help & How-To Center includes the following features that might help.
- Browse subjects — Click the Browse Subjects button to view a list of subject categories about NetClient CS. Click a subject to view a list of topics related to that subject.
- Search options — Click the Search Options button to open a page where you can perform the following searches.
- Focus your search by category: Simply mark the appropriate checkboxes, enter your search terms in the search field, and press ENTER.