Adjusting state refunds

Alerts and notices

Enter adjustments to state refund amounts in the State/local refund adj field on the Income > St refund tab. To reduce the taxable refund, enter a negative amount. 

You may need to enter adjustments for the following items.

  • Prior-year overpayment from local taxing authorities and states that are not attached to a plan
  • Unused tax credits
  • AMT from the prior year

Was this article helpful?

Thank you for the feedback!