- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
The Billing Analysis report provides information on billing decisions related to time and expenses for the specified period. The report helps you analyze the realization percentage of your firm’s billing rates, margin, and which clients, staff, or services are most profitable. The report lets you determine whether your firm was able to bill for your staff’s assigned rates, and the difference between what you are billing and the cost to the firm.
To view and print the Billing Analysis report, choose File > Print Reports. In the Print Reports screen, click Billing Analysis in the available reports pane and then click the Select button.
This report includes the following information:
- ID, Name/Description: ID and names of the items you have selected for grouping the report
- Hrs/Units: Total of hours/units for items billed
- Amount: Total of standard amount (rate x hours, or price x unit price) for all items
- Adjusted: Write-ups / write-downs
- Billed Amt: Actual amount billed
- Original Rate: Amount divided by hours or units
- Actual Rate: Billed amount divided by hours or units
- Real %: Actual Rate divided by Original Rate
- Progress Bill Amt: Amount progress billed
- Total Billed: Billed amount (from actual time and expenses billed) plus progress bill amounts
- Direct Cost: Cost of time (hours x employee hourly cost saved at time of item entry) + cost of expenses (units x unit cost saved at time of expense entry)
- Margin: Total billed - direct cost
- % Tot: Total margin for the row as a percentage of report total