- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
The Work-in-Process Summary report combines both recap and aging information to provide an overview or summary of the status of Work in Process.
To view and print the Work-in-Process Summary report, choose File > Print Reports. In the Print Reports screen, click Work-in-Process Summary in the available reports pane and then click the Select button.
Information on this report helps you determine how much unbilled time and expenses the firm had at the beginning of the period, how much was added, how much was removed by billing, and the balance at the end of the period (recap). It can also show you how many periods old your unbilled time and expenses are (aging).
Information on the report includes the following:
- ID, Name/Description: ID and names of the items you have selected for grouping the report.
- Beg Bal: Amount of unbilled time and expenses at the beginning of the day for the first day of the date range.
- Produced: Amount of time and expenses entered with a date that is within the date range.
- Billed: The billed amount of time and expenses that were billed during the given date range.
Note: This is the actual billed amount and does not include adjustments, which are shown in a separate column. Progress billings are also not included in this number.
- Billing Adj: The difference between the standard extended amount and the billed amount.
- Progress: Because progress billing is for time and expenses that have not yet been incurred, it is accounted for in a separate column.
- End Bal: The ending balance is equal to the total of the aging amounts. Ending balance = Beginning Balance + Produced - Billed + Billing Adjustments - Progress.
Columns with dates in the heading show agings for time and expenses that are unbilled as of midnight on the last day of the date range. The Current column shows time and expenses with a date in the current period. The remaining columns show unbilled time and expenses with dates that were 1, 2, 3, or 4 or more periods or older.