- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- WebEx Support Center for CS remote sessions
- Obtaining your CPE Certificate(s) via the My Account page
- Practice CS: Current information and alerts
- Practice CS user bulletins
- Multi-factor authentication overview
- Multi-factor authentication - common questions for setup and implementation
- Managing your license PIN
- Time & Expense Entry overview
- Video library
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
If your firm is licensed for the Staff Management module, you can use Practice CS to create to do items for yourself and other staff.
Note: To set up to do items, staff must have add and edit security privileges for Schedule Items.
To set up a to do item, follow these steps.
- Click the Add button on the main toolbar and select To Do from the drop-down list.
- In the To Do dialog, enter a description of the item in the Description field (required).
- If applicable, choose a client in the Client field. If the to do item does not concern a particular client, leave this field blank.
- If you chose a client in the previous step, you can choose an engagement in the Engagement field. Otherwise this field is unavailable.
- If applicable, make a selection in the Activity field.
- Use the Priority field to indicate whether the to do item is of low, normal, or high priority.
- Use the Tracking field to add a tracking description for the item.
- In the Dates section, enter a start and complete date for the item, along with a number of hours to complete the item.
- If you want to set up the to do item to recur, click the button to open the Recurrence dialog, where you can set up the recurrence frequency and dates.
- In the Staff qualifications field, select a qualification from the drop-down list, or click the More button to create or select a different staff qualification filter.
- If you want to assign the item to specific staff members, you can leave the Staff qualifications field blank.
- If you add this item to the work queue but leave the Staff qualifications field blank, it will be available to any staff member.
- To assign the item to one or more staff members, click the Staff option and then click the More button next to the Staff field. Use the Assigned Staff dialog to make the assignments.
- If you want to add the to do item to the work queue instead of assigning it, click the Work queue option. The item will appear in the queue for staff who meet the qualifications you chose.
- If you want to set a reminder for the item, mark the Reminder checkbox and select the desired reminder time from the drop-down list.
- If you want to include more information about the item, add it in the Notes field.
- Click the Scheduling button to open the Scheduling dialog, where you can verify the availability of the assigned staff members, and drag and drop the to do item onto their calendar.
- Click OK when finished.
The to do item is added to the schedule for the assigned staff member or added to the work queue.