- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
The Lock/Unlock Database dialog is available to members of the Administrator security group and enables administrators to lock the database for maintenance, restrict access to selected staff, send system messages to selected staff, and log staff out of the database remotely.
To open the Lock/Unlock Database dialog, choose Tools > Lock/Unlock Database.
Locking the databaseUse the Lock Database tab to lock the database.
- On the Lock Database tab, enter a message in the Display this message to Staff who are denied access to a locked database field, or leave the default message.
- To lock the database for all staff except members of the Administrator security group, mark the Restrict access to Administrators checkbox.
- To allow additional staff members who are not members of the Administrator security group to access the database, perform the following steps.
- Mark the Permit additional Staff to access a locked database checkbox
- Click the More button next to the field below the checkbox, then use the selection dialog to choose additional staff members who will be able to access the database. Click OK when finished.
- Click Apply to lock the database with the restrictions you specified.
Sending messages and logging out staff remotely
Use the Send Message tab to send messages to staff members who are logged in to the Practice CS database and to log staff members out remotely. These features are useful when you need all staff members to log out of the database for maintenance.
Tip: Click the Refresh button to update the list of staff who are logged in to the database.
Sending a message
- Click the Send Message tab.
- Enter a message in the Send a message field.
- Do one of the following:
- To send a message to one or more recipients, select the recipients from the list of staff logged in to the database (press and hold the CTRL or SHIFT key to select multiple recipients), then click the Send to Selected button.
- To send a message to all staff members who are currently logged in to the database, click the Send to All button.
Note: Messages may take up to a minute to be delivered to all recipients.
Logging out staff remotely
To log out staff members who do not respond to messages, follow these steps.
- On the Send Message tab, select one or more staff members from the list of staff logged in to the database (press and hold the CTRL or SHIFT key to select multiple staff members).
- Click the Logout Selected button to log out all selected staff members from the Practice CS database.
- To prevent staff members from logging back in to Practice CS, you should set and apply Lock Database settings before logging out any staff members remotely.
- The list of logged in staff will immediately reflect the results of logging out staff remotely, but it may take up to a minute for the logout process to be completed for all selected staff members.