- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
For desktop users
Starting with Practice CS version 2016.2.0, you will be required to sign in to Practice CS with your CS Web account or your NetStaff CS account (for firms that are licensed for NetFirm CS) before you log in to the application. The IRS has mandated that tax-related software providers add extra security measures to protect valuable client information. For detailed information about this added security, see CS Professional Suite application security overview.
You can make signing in easier by syncing your CS Web account or NetStaff CS account email address with the email address associated with your staff record in Practice CS.
Signing in with your CS Web account or NetStaff CS account
- When you open Practice CS version 2016.2.0 and higher, the CS Professional Suite login screen will open. Use your CS Web account email address and password or your NetStaff CS login credentials to log in. For more details, see Logging in to CS Professional Suite applications. Show me.
- After successfully logging in to the CS Professional Suite, the Practice CS login screen opens. Enter your staff ID and password.
- If your firm administrator enabled the Remember login feature (in the Preferences tab of the Setup > Firm screen), you can mark the Remember login information checkbox to have the application remember your Practice CS login information, and the next time you open the application, it will skip the Practice CS login screen.
Note: With the CS Professional Suite login requirement, if you mark the Remember login information checkbox in the Practice CS login screen, the email address associated with your staff record in Practice CS must match the email address used for your CS Web account or NetStaff CS account. If the email addresses do not match, you can still open the application, but the application will not save your login information.
For Virtual Office CS or Software as a Service (SaaS) users
If you run Practice CS in the Virtual Office CS or Software as a Service (SaaS) environment, the added security measures have been integrated into your existing portal login page. You will not see the CS Professional Suite login screen when you open the application because you have already entered these credentials through the NetFirm CS, NetStaff CS, or NetClient CS login page. In this environment, if you mark the Remember login information checkbox in the Practice CS login screen, the application will save your login information regardless of the email address associated with your staff record in Practice CS.
- Creating and managing CS Web accounts
- Logging in to your CS Professional Suite applications
- Resetting or updating a CS Web account password
- Troubleshooting CS Web or application login errors
- Video: Upgrading your firm’s CS Professional Suite security via CS Web accounts
- Tax & Accounting Blog: Data Security Has Always Been Important — Why the Urgency Now?