1041-US: Adjusting a calculated amount on Form 4952 (FAQ)

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

Change to CS Support service hours

Our Support department is closed on [[date]]. However, limited UltraTax CS phone support is available on that date from 9 AM - 5 PM ET due to the approaching deadline.

Links to our most popular tax processing topics are available in the Alerts and notices section on the right side of most pages.


I need to adjust a calculated amount on Form 4952. Should I override the amount on the form?


You should enter adjustments in the Adjustments to Form 4952 amounts fields on Screen Deduct in the Deductions folder. Amounts entered in these fields adjust the calculated amounts. Fields are provided to adjust lines 4a, 4d, and 5 on the form, as well as the net capital gain from disposition of investments, which are used for Form 4952 calculations.

Related topic: 1041-US Form 4952 (Investment income) FAQs

Share This