1041-US: Applying an overpayment to the next year's estimated tax (FAQ)

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

Change to CS Support service hours

Our Support department is closed on [[date]]. However, limited UltraTax CS phone support is available on that date from 9 AM - 5 PM ET due to the approaching deadline.

Links to our most popular tax processing topics are available in the Alerts and notices section on the right side of most pages.


How do I apply a portion of an overpayment to next year's estimated tax when there is no estimated tax due?


In the Overpayment section of Screen Est in the Payments folder, enter 5 or 8 in the Application of current year overpayment field to apply the amount in the Amount for code 5 or 8 field to next year's estimate. When using overpayment application code 5, enter the amount that you want to have applied to next year until the refund is exhausted. If the Next year declaration field is blank, the estimate worksheet or vouchers do not calculate. You must enter a Next year declaration code to have estimates calculate.

Related topic: 1041-US: Estimated taxes FAQs

Share This