1041-US: Data entry for reporting replacement property (FAQ)

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

Change to CS Support service hours

Our Support department is closed on [[date]]. However, limited UltraTax CS phone support is available on that date from 9 AM - 5 PM ET due to the approaching deadline.

Links to our most popular tax processing topics are available in the Alerts and notices section on the right side of most pages.


How do I report replacement property acquired after the tax return is filed?


If you have a gain on property lost in a casualty or theft, you can postpone the gain by acquiring replacement property within a specified period. If the replacement property is not purchased in the year of the casualty or theft, complete Screen 4684PY for business or income producing property for the year in which the replacement property was purchased. The application assumes that the replacement property was acquired within the specified replacement period. If the replacement property was not acquired within the required replacement period, you may need to amend the return for the tax year of the gain.

Related topic: 1041-US: Casualties and thefts FAQs

Share This