1041-US: Entering amounts for a QSST (FAQ)

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

MFA required for electronic filing

Effective May 3rd, the 2017 version of UltraTax CS requires multi-factor authentication (MFA) to transmit e-files from CS Connect. Find out more.


Where do I enter amounts for a Qualified Subchapter S trust (QSST)?


Income and deductions for the S Corporation portion of the return should be entered in the K1 1065 & 1120S folder with a type code 2 (S Corporation). These amounts are reported on the Grantor / Agency Report instead of Form 1041 and will be taxed at the individual return level. The income and deductions attributable to the complex trust portion of the return should be entered in the Income, Deductions, and Activity folders.

Related topic: 1041-US: Grantor trust / agency relationship FAQs

Share This