1041-US: Entering income that is tax-exempt at the federal level (FAQ)

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

MFA required for electronic filing

Effective May 3rd, the 2017 version of UltraTax CS requires multi-factor authentication (MFA) to access the electronic filing transmission feature in CS Connect.

Thomson Reuters is committed to proactively evolving our security features to help you protect your firm and your clients' data. For more information about multi-factor authentication, see Multi-factor authentication overview.


How do I enter income from a state, local, or municipal bond that is tax-exempt at the federal level, but taxable at the state level?


In the statement dialog for the Interest income field or the Dividends field on Screen Income, K1, or K1T, enter the tax-exempt amount, including income attributable to private activity bonds issued after August 7, 1986 in the Tax-Exempt Amount field only. On the same line as the amount entry, enter the portion that is nontaxable to the integrated state in the InState Muni ($ or %) field.

Related topic: 1041-US: Tax-exempt income FAQs

Share This