1040-US: Indicating a minister as exempt from self-employment tax

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

MFA required for electronic filing

Effective May 3rd, the 2017 version of UltraTax CS requires multi-factor authentication (MFA) to transmit e-files from CS Connect. Find out more.


How do I indicate that a minister is exempt from self-employment tax?


If a minister has been approved by the IRS as exempt from self-employment tax, enter X in the Form 4361 filed with IRS field in Screen Clergy.

Related topic: Minister wages and church employee income FAQs (1040)

Share This