1040-US: Enter expenses for an undergraduate student who became a graduate student during the tax year

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

Change to CS Support service hours

Our Support department is closed on [[date]]. However, limited UltraTax CS phone support is available on that date from 9 AM - 5 PM ET due to the approaching deadline.

Links to our most popular tax processing topics are available in the Alerts and notices section on the right side of most pages.


If the student was an undergraduate during the tax year and became a graduate student that same year, would the student qualify for the credit?


If the student is within the first four years of post-secondary education, qualified expenses can be deducted.

Related topic: Qualified expenses for education credits FAQs (1040)

Share This