1065-US: Changing the type of gain (loss) that UltraTax CS automatically calculates (FAQ)

Alerts and notices
Leave feedback

Internal Employees: Submit feedback

Contact information (optional):

Leave this blank:

Please tell us how we can make this information more helpful.

Characters left:

Change to CS Support service hours

Our Support department is closed on [[date]]. However, limited UltraTax CS phone support is available on that date from 9 AM - 5 PM ET due to the approaching deadline.

Links to our most popular tax processing topics are available in the Alerts and notices section on the right side of most pages.


How can I change the type of gain (loss) that UltraTax CS automatically calculates?


The type (long-term, short-term, etc.) of gain can be changed using the treatment and holding period codes in the following locations.

The amount of unrecaptured section 1250 gain can be forced in Screen K. When there is enough detail entered in Screen 8824, Sale, or InstPY, UltraTax CS automatically calculates this amount.

Related topic: Forms 4684, 4797, 6252, and 8824 and Schedule D FAQs (1065)

Share This