1040-US: Adjusting calculated amounts on Form 4952

Alerts and notices


I need to adjust a calculated amount on Form 4952. Should I override on the form?


You should enter adjustments in the Form 4952 adjustment fields provided in Screen 4952 in the Itemized Deductions folder. Amounts entered in these fields adjust the calculated amounts. Fields are provided to adjust lines 4a, 4d, and 5 on the form as well as the net capital gain from investments and qualified dividends, which are used in Form 4952 calculations.

Related topic: Investment income and expenses FAQs (1040)