1040-US: Entering foreign capital gains and losses

Alerts and notices


My client has foreign capital gains and losses. Where do I enter those amounts?


Foreign capital gains and losses are entered directly on a passive category Screen 1116 in the Foreign short-term capital gain/loss field and/or the Foreign long-term capital gain/loss field. The Foreign capital gain/loss worksheets are calculated based on entries in these capital gain/loss fields.