1040-US: Minister filing Schedule C

Alerts and notices


Where do I indicate a Schedule C as a minister filing as tax-exempt for self-employment tax purposes?


In Screen C, enter 2 in the Self-employment code field and in Screen Clergy, enter X in the Form 4361 filed with IRS field and taxable income from this Schedule C is excluded from self-employment income and therefore not subject to self-employment tax. "Exempt-Form 4361" prints next to the self-employment tax line on Form 1040, Schedule 4, Page 2.

Related articles

Schedule SE FAQs (1040)