1040-US: Entering Roth IRA distributions, conversions, or recharacterizations

Alerts and notices


What are the general reporting requirements for Roth IRA distributions, conversions, or recharacterizations?


Refer to Form 1099-R, Form 5498, and Form 8606 instructions, and IRS Publications 590-A and 590-B for exact reporting requirements. In addition, IRS Notices 98-50 and 1998-39 I.R.B. provide additional information about Roth IRA distributions, contributions, and recharacterizations.

In general, from the 2018 Form 1099-R instructions:

Related topic: Individual retirement account FAQs (1040)

Share This