1040 - US ELF: E-File Form 4868 (Extension) and Mail Payment

Alerts and notices

If I e-file my client's federal extension (Form 4868), can he/she send in their payment in the mail?

Yes, if a client wants to mail their payment with a check, they can do so even if they e-file the Federal extension. Per Form 4868 Instructions, "If you e-file Form 4868 and mail a check or money order to the IRS for payment, use a completed paper Form 4868 as a voucher."


Share This