1040 - US ELF: Resubmitting an already accepted return

Alerts and notices

If a return has already been accepted, but I need to change some information, can I change and resubmit the return?

If a return has already been accepted by the IRS, you will need to file an amended return. The IRS does not allow electronic filing of Forms 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Returns; you must paper file the return. You can electronically file certain amended (superseded) business return. For more information, see Publication 4164, Modernized e-file Guide for Software Developers and Transmitters, section 1.6.10 Form 1040 Exclusion.

Share This