Follow these steps if Windows is unable to open applications in the Virtual Office CS or SaaS environment because it doesn’t recognize the ICA file type or because the file has been damaged. The error message that contains this information is issued by the application that is currently associated with the ICA file; for example, you might receive an Adobe Reader error that states, "Adobe could not open application.ica because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged."
- Do one of the following.
- In Windows 10: Open the Start menu and begin typing Default Programs in the search field. Click the Default Programs link in the search results.
- In Windows 8: Run a search, enter default programs, and click Default Programs.
- In Windows 7: Click the Windows button in the taskbar, and then click the Default programs link.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Scroll down the list and highlight .ica.
- Click the Change program button and select Citrix Connection Manager.
If Citrix is not available, you need to navigate to and select wfcrun32.exe. Click the link for your operating system to view the steps required to do this.