- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Before you can assess service charges, your firm administrator must set up service charge information.
- Choose Actions > Assess Service Charges.
Note: The Assess Service Charges screen is available only if you have security privileges for service charge data.
- Enter a date in the Calculate Service Charges through field.
- Practice CS calculates all service charges according to the rates your firm has set up.
Tip: To print the items shown on the screen, click the Journal button.
- If you want to narrow down the list of service charges, select an item from the Filter drop-down list, or click the More button to create your own filter. See Filtering your data for more information about creating custom filters.
- Mark the checkbox for each service charge you want to assess.
- Click the Post Selected button.
- The Assess Service Charges screen is a user-defined terminology screen. Your firm may refer to the screen by a different name. To view the default names for user-defined items, choose Help > Enable Default Terminology (or press CTRL+SHIFT+H).
- If you have security privileges, you can override the service charge amounts Practice CS calculates. Overridden amounts will appear in red numerals. To override a service charge, edit the amount in the Service Charge column, and then post your changes. Unposted changes will revert to the calculated amounts.
- For more information about assessing service charges, see the Practice CS Accounts Receivable WalkThrough.
Related topic: Service Charges overview