- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Viewing open A/R items in detail billing
To determine if the client you are billing has an unapplied payment or credit that can or will (depending on your user preferences) be applied to the invoice being created, follow these steps.
- On any tab of the Detail Billing screen, click the Dashboard for <ClientName> link. The dashboard for the client being billed will open in the center of the screen.
- Click the view that contains the Open Items portlet (or add it to one of the views).
The Open Items portlet shows any unapplied credits.
Applying open credits with the approval process for billing turned off
Use the Apply Open Credits dialog to apply any receipts, credit memos, or write-offs that are not fully applied during detail billing.
Note: To access this dialog, you must have open credits available for the current client, and you must not have the approval process enabled for billing. To turn off the approval process, clear the Required for Billing checkbox on the Preferences tab of the Firm setup screen.
To apply open credits in detail billing, follow these steps.
- Choose Actions > Billing.
- Mark the checkbox for the client engagement you want to bill and click the Detail Bill Selected button.
- In the Summary tab, enter the billing amount.
- Click the More button next to the Open credit balance field to open the Apply Open Credits dialog.
- The Apply Open Credits dialog lists any receipts, credit memos, or write-offs that are not fully applied. Do one of the following.
- Enter the amount you wish to apply in the Applied to this Invoice field.
- Click the Auto Apply button to have the application apply credits to the invoice, starting with the oldest open credits.
Note: You can only apply credits up to the available amount. Also, the total of the applied amounts cannot exceed the invoice amount.
- Click OK to apply the credits.
Note: You can further edit the billed amount, if necessary; however, you cannot enter an invoice amount that is lower than the credit amount you chose to apply.
Applying open credits with the approval process for billing turned on
When the approval process for billing is turned on, you cannot apply open credits while in the Detail Billing screen because the invoice must be posted before a receipt can be applied to it. You can apply open credits when posting an invoice created using any of the available methods, including Detail Billing, Quick Billing, Standard Billing, Recurring Billing, and Integrated Invoices.
- Choose Actions > Billing > Review tab.
- Select the invoice you want to post by marking the corresponding checkbox.
- Click the Post Selected button.
Note: If you have marked the Automatically display Apply Open Credits dialog in User Preferences, the Apply Open Credits dialog opens.
- If you have selected Automatically apply open credits, the Applied to this Invoice field is populated automatically with the amount of the receipt up to the amount of the invoice. You can adjust this amount if necessary, or set it to zero if you do not want to apply the receipt to this invoice.
- If you have not selected Automatically apply open credits, the Applied to this Invoice field will be blank. You must either enter the amount you want to apply (up to the amount of the invoice), or click the Auto Apply button to apply the entire amount to this invoice.
If you did not select Automatically display Apply Open Credits dialog in user preferences, one of the following conditions applies.
- If you selected Automatically apply open credits, the open credit amount will be applied to this invoice up to the amount of the invoice. You will not have the opportunity to modify the amount applied while billing.
- If you did not select Automatically apply open credits, any open credits will not be applied to this invoice. You will not have the opportunity to apply a credit while billing.