- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
In Practice CS, you can set up an unlimited number of additional contacts for clients, staff, office, and firm. For example:
- In the Clients screen you can enter your client’s employees as additional contacts.
- In the Staff screen, you can set up a staff member’s emergency contact as an additional contact.
- Your firm may have business affiliates, such as the firm’s attorney, with which staff need to communicate frequently. You can set up the affiliate as a firm additional contact so that their contact information is available to anyone in the firm with the proper security.
Note: Clients, office, staff, and firm are user-defined terminology items. Your firm may refer to them by different names. You can view the default names for user-defined items by choosing Help > Enable Default Terminology (or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+H).
- To enter additional contact information, choose Setup and then Firm, Offices, Staff, or Clients, depending on the type of additional contact you want to add.
- Select a client, office, or staff member from the list and then click the Edit button.
Note: If you are in Firm setup, you do not need to click the Edit button.
- Click the Contact Info tab.
- Click the More button next to the Additional contacts field.
- In the Additional Contacts dialog, select each additional contact from the list on the left and then click the Select button. You can click the Select All button to select all of the contacts at once.
- To add a new contact, right-click the list of contacts on the left and choose Add Contact. Enter information in the Contact dialog as needed and click OK to save the new contact. For more information, see Setting up a contact.
- You can also copy contact setup information from one contact to another. Right-click on the Contact Info tab of any setup screen or on the Contact dialog to access the Copy Contact From command.
- To make changes to the list of contacts, right-click the list of contacts and choose Add, Edit, or Delete from the context menu. You can also choose Filter from the context menu to narrow down the list of contacts (for example, if you want to see only staff contacts in the list). For more information, see Setting up a contact.
- You can click the Type, Contact, or Company column heading to sort the contact list by that heading.
- Click OK to return to the setup screen.
- Click the Enter button to save your changes.