- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Use the Contact dialog to add to the list of available contacts while setting up firm, office, staff, or client contact information. This contact will be available to add to the firm, offices, staff, or clients or may be entered into the application without any associations as a standalone contact. You can also edit contacts in this dialog.
Note: Clients, office, staff, and firm are user-defined terminology items. Your firm may refer to them by different names. You can view the default names for user-defined items by choosing Help > Enable Default Terminology (or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+H).
Adding a contact
- From the Setup menu, choose Firm, Offices, Staff, or Clients, depending on the type of contact you are setting up.
- Click the Edit button.
Note: If you are in Firm setup, you do not need to click the Edit button.
- If necessary, select a client, office, or staff member from the list.
- Click the Contact Info tab.
- Click the More button next to the Additional contacts field.
- In the Additional Contacts dialog, right-click the contact list and choose Add from the context menu.
- Enter the contact information in the fields provided. When finished, click OK.
- You can copy contact setup information from one contact to another. Right-click on the Contact dialog to access the Copy Contact From command.
- The File as field is a required field.
- The City, County, Country, and Zip fields are custom fieldview fields.
- Click the down arrow button to change the label on a phone number or address (for example, from Home to Mobile.
- If you want email messages for this contact to appear for a client in the Outlook Mail portlet on the Client dashboard, you must do the following:
- In either the Name field or the File as field, enter the contact’s name so that it exactly matches the contact’s display name on email messages you receive from the contact.
- In the E-mail field, enter the email address exactly as it appears in email messages you receive from the contact.
- Verify that the contact is either the primary contact for the client or has been added as an additional contact for the client. See Setting up additional contacts.