- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- WebEx Support Center for CS remote sessions
- Obtaining your CPE Certificate(s) via the My Account page
- Practice CS: Current information and alerts
- Practice CS user bulletins
- Multi-factor authentication overview
- Multi-factor authentication - common questions for setup and implementation
- Managing your license PIN
- Time & Expense Entry overview
- Video library
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
Use the Applied Amounts dialog to allocate the amount of a client’s payment, or an adjustment, to a client’s outstanding invoices. If your firm is licensed for NetClient CS, and you have printed your invoices to NetClient CS, you can mark invoices as paid or unpaid, or remove invoices from NetClient CS.
Note: If you are entering an adjustment for a non-sufficient funds check, see Using the ACH/Check Selection dialog.
The Entry Information section at the bottom of the dialog shows the client, the receipt type (check, credit card, and so on), and the amount of the receipt or adjustment you are entering. The grid above lists all of the client’s outstanding invoices (or receipts for Non-Sufficient Funds entries). Mark the Include zero balance AR items checkbox if you want to include zero-balance items.
Choose one of the methods below to apply the amount of the payment or adjustment to the client’s invoices.
- Click the Auto Apply button to apply the payment or adjustment to the client’s invoices, starting with the earliest and moving forward until it has been fully applied or until there are no other invoices to which it can be applied.
- Enter amounts in the Applied field in the entry grid to apply the payment or adjustment manually to one or more items.
- Mark one or more of the Summarize Detail by checkboxes to summarize the grid by that component, and then click the button to expand the detail for the specific component(s) to which you want to apply the receipt.
- If your invoice has been printed to NetClient CS, you can right-click and choose to mark the invoice as paid (or unpaid) in NetClient CS.
When finished, click OK to close the Applied Amounts dialog and return to Receipt & Adjustment Entry.
Note: The Applied Amounts dialog is not available for Debit Memo or Credit Card Return entries. For Non-Sufficient Funds entries, the dialog is titled Check Selection.
Related topic: Receipt & adjustment entry overview