If a client no longer wants to use Employee Self-Service or Web Employee, you can delete the client from the portal.
Notes for firms that use Accounting CS
- After you complete the following procedure, NetFirm CS will communicate the deletion to Accounting CS. Accounting CS will then disable Employee Self-Service for the client.
- If you disable Employee Self-Service for an individual employee, we will continue to store the check history, 1099-MISC history (for independent contractors), and W-2 history for the employee. As a result, you will continue to incur charges for the total number of employees that your firm has set up for the client as specified in the NetClient CS section of the Pricing information topic. (To view this topic, open the NetClient CS Users screen, open the Help menu, and choose Pricing information.) To learn how to disable Employee Self-Service for an individual employee, see the "Disabling Employee Self-Service for an individual employee" section of the Accounting CS topic Employee Self-Service overview.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Clients link in the Web Employee/ESS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- In the Clients list, locate and select the client that no longer wants to use Employee Self-Service or Web Employee.
Tip: Enter part of the client ID or name in the Find field to find the client.
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the Clients pane.
- Click OK to confirm the deletion.
Upon deletion of the client, NetFirm CS does the following.
- Removes the Employee Self-Service or Web Employee client from the portal
- Disables all Employee Self-Service or Web Employee logins
- Deletes all checks and W-2 forms from the portal (CSA clients only)
Note: If your firm pushed time entry worksheets for this client, the time entry worksheet is still available to the payroll administrator at the client site.
Related topic: Employee Self-Service and Web Employee administration