The primary NetFirm CS administrator is the person who was designated as your firm’s NetFirm CS administrator on the purchase agreement.
Follow these steps to add a client portal and give the client permission to access the appropriate features and modules.
- In Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Users link in the NetClient CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the Users list.
- In the Add NetClient CS Users dialog, click the method you want to use to create users.
- If you choose the Multiple users - automatic notification method, see Creating a spreadsheet of new user information for information about setting up a spreadsheet of client information.
- If you choose the Single user - automatic notification method, you must choose a login for the account. This login must be unique; it cannot match the login for any other NetClient CS or NetStaff CS user for any firm.
- If you choose the Single user - automatic notification method or the Multiple users - automatic notification method, you can require clients to enter the last four digits of their employee identification numbers (EINs) or Social Security numbers (SSNs) when they register their portals.
- Give the user access to NetClient CS modules.
- Your firm’s primary NetFirm CS administrator can designate any client portal as private. For more information, see Designating a client portal as a private portal.
- You can give users access to some NetClient CS modules at the group level. For more information, see Modifying a NetClient CS group’s access to modules.
- Through NetFirm CS administration, you can view the client portals that you create.
- Click Enter.
Related topic: Adding a NetClient CS demonstration portal