You can set up NetFirm CS to send notification messages to specific NetClient CS or NetStaff CS users when new files are available for them in Document Presentation. By default, the notification messages include links to open the folders that contain the new files; after clicking the folder link, users can follow the New indicators to the new files.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Notification link in the Utilities section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- With Document Presentation selected in the Notification list, do one of the following.
- With NetStaff CS selected under Display Users, click Select All to send notification messages to all users when a file is uploaded to a Document Presentation folder that they can access. To send notifications to specific NetStaff CS users, click Selected and mark the checkboxes for the users who should receive the notification.
- Click NetClient CS under Display Users, and then click All Users to send notification messages to all users when a file is uploaded to a Document Presentation folder that they can access. To send notifications to specific NetClient CS users, click Selected and mark the checkboxes for the users who should receive the notification.
- If you click Select All, new users will receive notifications by default. An administrator does not have to return to this screen to mark the checkboxes for new users.
- In the Find field in the Document Presentation pane, enter any part of a user’s name or login to locate a user.
- Click the Unselected button to display only the users who are not set up to receive notification messages about new Document Presentation files. Click the Selected button to display only the users who are set up to receive notification messages.
- Under the Display Users heading, click the NetClient CS button.
- Mark the checkbox for each NetClient CS user to whom NetFirm CS should send a notification message.
- Click Enter.
- Optional: Modify the template for the notification message.
- Optional: Specify the method by which users will receive the notification.