By default, NetFirm CS sends notification messages to NetClient CS and NetStaff CS users when certain events occur; for example, NetFirm CS sends a notification message when the login for a portal has changed. NetFirm CS administrators who have access to Utilities can disable most notifications.
- You cannot prevent NetFirm CS from sending notification messages via email for events that involve basic account functions, such as login changes and password changes.
- NetFirm CS does not automatically send notification messages when new File Exchange files, Document Presentation files, or W-4 changes are available. To learn how to set up these notification messages, see Setting up notification messages for new Document Presentation files, new File Exchange files, and W-4 changes.
- To modify notifications that are sent by other applications, such as Practice CS or UltraTax CS, you must open the other application and modify the notification message through that application.
NetFirm CS administrators can also determine the method by which users will receive each type of notification message. NetFirm CS can send notification messages via the following methods.
|NetFirm CS sends the notification via email to the email address that is in the Email Address field of the NetClient CS Users screen or the NetStaff CS Users screen.|
|Direct message in the Messages menu||
NetFirm CS adds the notification to the user’s Messages menu and adds an alert to the Messages menu .
Users who have downloaded the NetClient CS mobile app to their mobile devices will receive these messages through the app.
|Direct message in the Messages menu and in the Tasks widget||In addition to adding the notification to the Messages menu, NetFirm CS adds the notification to the Tasks widget in the user’s Home Dashboard. The notification will remain in the widget until the user clicks it.|
|Notification in the NetClient CS mobile app||Users who have downloaded the NetClient CS mobile app to their mobile devices will receive push notifications through the app.|
For all notification messages, you can do the following.
For notification messages that you choose to send via email, you can also do the following.
- Brand notification messages so it looks like the messages are coming from your firm
- Specify addresses to copy or blind copy
- Test the notification messages