You can add a File Exchange folder to a client’s portal that they can use to upload documents to your firm. You can also create personal and shared File Exchange folders and give individual users or groups of users access to the folders. All NetClient CS users can upload files to personal File Exchange folders. If you give NetClient CS users full access to shared File Exchange folders, they can upload files to, delete files from, and delete subfolders from those folders.
Note: Your firm administrator and NetStaff CS users who have access to both File Exchange and NetClient CS administration can upload files to shared and personal folders through their NetStaff CS user portals.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, do one of the following.
- To give individual NetClient CS users access to the folder, click the Users link in the NetClient CS section.
- To give groups of NetClient CS users access to the folder, click the Groups link in the NetClient CS section.
Note: If you don’t see these items, you don’t have access to these areas.
- In the Users or Groups list, click a user or group that will have access to the new folder. The information for the user or group displays on the right.
- To locate a specific user, enter any part of the user’s name or login in the Find field.
- To locate a specific group, enter any part of the group name in the Find field.
- Delete the entry from the Find field to view the full list of users or groups.
- In the Permissions section, click the Enable button for File Exchange.
- In the Folder Types list, click Personal or Shared. (View detailed information about folder types.)
- In the Available Folders pane, click the Add Folder button.
- Enter the name of the folder in the Folder Name field.
- If the files in the new folder should not be deleted automatically after 14 days, click the Yes option.
- Click the Create button.
- File Exchange administration overview
- Modifying a NetClient CS user’s access to File Exchange folders
- Modifying a group’s access to File Exchange folders
- Uploading files to a NetClient CS user’s personal or shared File Exchange folders
- Deleting File Exchange files or folders from a NetClient CS user’s portal