On the Enter Time screen, you can enter remote payroll data in your private, personalized, and secure portal. The data is encrypted automatically, so it is safe as it travels over the internet.
Each payroll period, we will contact you by phone or email to let you know when the payroll entry worksheet is available. After you receive notice, please enter employee time.
Follow these steps to enter time for employees.
- If necessary, add any new employees or update information for existing employees.
Note: Employees added at this point won't receive a payroll check for the current payroll entry session, but their information will be imported by your accountant and available for future payrolls. If you need to create a payroll check for the employee in the current payroll, contact your accountant.
- In the navigation pane, click the Enter Time link in the Payroll section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this feature.
- If necessary, choose the appropriate client from the Client field at the top of the screen.
- Verify that the appropriate schedule is selected in the Payroll Schedule field.
- Click the Notes icon in the upper-right corner of the Rapid or Detail tab to read any notes from the payroll processor. If you have any general questions or comments for us, you can enter them in the Notes to Payroll Processor field of the Notes dialog and then click Enter.
- Click the Print Reports link in the Payroll section of the navigation pane. This payroll report has been prepared by our firm; it lists all of your employees who have pay items that match the current pay period.
- Optional: To print a copy of the report to use as a worksheet when preparing payroll data, click the Print icon at the top of the Print Report screen.
- Enter payroll information in the Rapid or the Detail tab.
- Rapid tab: Contains a list of all employees and their basic information, and columns in which you can enter their regular, over-time, or double-time hours. Note that the Rapid tab lists only one pay item. Additional pay items are available in the Detail tab.
- Detail tab: Contains the following grids.
Grid Actions Pay Items grid Select the appropriate employee and enter regular hours, over-time hours, and double-time hours, the employee’s pay rate, paid time off, and so on. If you need to enter hours for multiple departments for a single employee, you must use the Detail tab to enter time for that employee. Deductions grid Select the appropriate employee and enter any necessary override amounts.
Note: If pay rates, deductions, and amounts are masked, they will appear as asterisks (****) in these tabs.
- In the Detail tab, you can move between employee records by clicking the Next and Previous buttons below the grid.
- In either tab, you can press TAB to move to the next field or SHIFT+TAB to move to the previous field.
- Whether you are entering time in the Rapid or Detail tab, indicate which clients should not receive pay this period. To do this:
- In the Rapid tab, mark the DNP checkbox to the left of the employee’s name.
- In the Detail tab, mark the Do Not Pay checkbox to the right of the employee’s name.
- Click the Save button to save your work.
- Click the View Reports link. The report now lists all of the information you have entered for this pay period — first for existing employees and then for new employees.
- Click the Complete Payroll button.
Note: If you make any changes after this step, you must click the Complete Payroll button again.