Follow these steps to add a staff portal and give the staff member permission to access the appropriate features and modules.
- In the Admin tab of the navigation pane, click the Users link in the NetStaff CS section.
Note: If you don’t see this link, you don’t have access to this area.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the Users list.
- In the Add NetStaff CS Users dialog, click the method you want to use to create users.
- If you choose the Single user - automatic notification method, you must choose a login for the account. This login must be unique, and cannot match the login for any other NetClient CS or NetStaff CS user for any firm. If the login has already been used, you will see a yellow warning symbol next to the Login field.
- If you choose the Multiple users - automatic notification method, see Creating a spreadsheet of new user information for information about setting up a spreadsheet of client information.
- If you choose the Single user - automatic notification method or the Multiple users - automatic notification method, you can require clients to enter the last four digits of their employee identification numbers (EINs) or Social Security numbers (SSNs) when they register their portals. With this requirement, the user must enter the same number to register the portal. Without this requirement, the user will not be asked to provide this information when registering the portal.
- Click Enter. Once the NetStaff CS user is created, it will show in the list of NetStaff CS users. At this time you can assign permissions even if the portal has been registered or previously accessed.
Below are optional steps that you may want to complete to finish setting up the new NetStaff CS portal.
- If you are your firm’s primary NetStaff CS administrator, you can hide CSA data, CBS data, or Document Presentation files for specific clients or companies from this user.
- To restrict the hours during which users can access their portals, assign users to shifts.
- If your firm licenses Microsoft Office applications through Virtual Office CS or SaaS and you want Thomson Reuters to host the user’s email account, enable Microsoft Exchange.
- If you enabled Microsoft Exchange for the user, you can allow the user to access Virtual Office CS or SaaS Microsoft Outlook data through a personal handheld device. To learn how to do this, see Enabling ActiveSync with Virtual Office CS or SaaS.
- Give the user access to NetStaff CS modules.
Note: You can give users access to most NetStaff CS modules at the group level. For more information, see Modifying a NetStaff CS group’s access to modules.