- Alerts and notices
Check out the trending topics below or search for an answer.
- Getting started
- Contact us
- Leave feedback
Internal Employees: Submit feedback using the new SharePoint request form
The information below will provide guidance for setting up the Practice CS database and using the basic time and billing features in the application. This information is intended primarily for new users of Practice CS to set up and start using your new application efficiently and effectively.
If you are currently using another practice management application, you may want to convert your data to Practice CS as an alternative to setting up your database from scratch. Your decision largely depends on whether you want to continue using your current informational structure or take this opportunity to revise it. The following topics provide information about conversion options and the data that gets converted.
- Creative Solutions Practice - Conversion information kit and comparison of conversion options
- Sage TimeSlips - Conversion information kit
- UniLink TB*32 - Conversion information kit
- ProSystem fx Practice - Conversion information kit
- ProSystem fx Practice Management - Conversion information kit
- Other applications - If you use a practice management application other than those listed above, we might be able to convert your data as a custom conversion by our consulting team at the current hourly consulting rate. For more information about custom conversions, contact your sales representative.
If you choose to set up the Practice CS database from scratch rather than convert your current practice management data, the following topics provide guidelines and best practices for structuring and entering setup information into your database.
- Setting up the Practice CS database (a getting started guide)
- Populating Practice CS with client information from UltraTax CS
- Setting up and using templates for adding clients of similar types
- Understanding periods in Practice CS
- Entering beginning Work In Process and Accounts Receivable Balances
- Advancing, editing, and rolling back periods
This section includes topics about effectively managing your business with Practice CS.
This section includes topics that provide instructions for entering time and expenses in Practice CS.
This section includes topics about billing your clients.
- Introduction to billing (a walkthrough guide)
- Pros and cons of five billing methods
- Setting the invoice number for your first bill
- Viewing prior invoices for the current client while in billing
- Billing clients without Work In Process
- Billing without relieving WIP using progress bills
- Entering a final bill without Work In Process
Billing a client for the same amount on a regularly scheduled basis:
- Importing invoices from UltraTax CS
- Reprinting invoices
- Deleting an invoice
- Editing an invoice
This section includes topics that provide instructions for entering and applying receipts, assessing service charges, and printing statements.
This section includes topics on how to find and produce the correct reports for your needs.
- Samples of standard reports
- Comparison of reports in Creative Solutions Practice and Practice CS
- Comparison of reports in ProSystem fx Practice Management and Practice CS
- Generating Creative Solutions Practice reports in Practice CS
- Importing and using custom reports and custom invoice and statement formats
- Printing reports